Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Florida..Here We Come

The girls were absolutely fantastic on the flight to Florida. They had their backpacks full of activities and were content to sit and do them. When we got in we went out to dinner with some of the guys Brent works with and their wives (which left me wondering why I hadn't left the kids with family). They were watching me intensely, no doubt waiting for a breakdown (didn't come until the flight home). They had joked with Brent that I would be a complete disaster by the time I got there and he would be paying the price. Luckily for Brent things went well.


Don't let that adorable face fool you, Abby was certainly the hardest as I had to hold her on my lap. She took a quick nap at the beginning of the flight, but was ready to move around throughout the rest. Luckily there was a nice lady (who reminded me a lot of Becky) a row over who would hold her while I took a girl to the bathroom. She also held her for about a half hour just to be helpful and was it ever appreciated.


Emma sat and played with her dollies and liked looking out the window. She of course got to know everyone around her, "What is your name?" "I'm Emma." She is such a friendly kid.


Lillie listened to Disney music on the i-pod. The nice lady next to us would pull out markers for Lillie and pass them to Emma since I was holding a squirmy Abby. Lillie wasn't a fan of the takeoff or landing...she would hold on to my arm and tell me she did not like it and that it scared her body (made her tummy tickle).

No comments:

Post a Comment