Lillie and I were talking about the Peterson family reunion last year and how all the Petersons were there including Matthew and Sarah. The conversation went a little something like this.
Mom: Do you remember when we went up to the cabins with all the Petersons?
Lillie: Oh yeah! But I don't remember everyone who was there.
Mom: Remember Grandma and Grandpa Peterson, Sarah and Matthew, and Becky...
Lillie: Sarah and Matthew?
Mom: Yes, your cousins Sarah and Matthew Lyon.
This is where she got confused...
Lillie: Lyon? Not all Petersons?
Mom: Jen used to be a Peterson but when she married Mark she became a Lyon. Just like my name used to be Jennifer Jackson but when I married Dad my name became Peterson. When you get married someday you will change your name to something else too.
Lillie: Maybe my husband takes my name.
Maybe Brent will have someone carry on the Peterson name after all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You can always count on Lillie
ReplyDeleteAinsley is sure this is how it works too. Maybe they could get together and start something! Way to go girls!
ReplyDelete