The spot to find out about all your favorite Petersons.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Ryan Merrill Peterson
We have had an exciting week. We welcomed Ryan Merrill Peterson into our family on April 2, 2010 at 3:05 p.m. He was a BIG boy weighing in at 9 lbs. 10 oz. (“That’s my boy!” Brent says). Luckily the doctor told me to push whenever I felt like it (in fact he told me I didn’t have to push at all since my uterus would eventually push him out and pushing would only make me tired). However, after a few minutes with three nurses and the doctor hanging out in my room waiting for me to have him (I was the only show in town at our rural hospital) I decided it was getting a bit awkward and after 8-10 pushes he was out. The pushing wasn’t bad, but I am a lot sorer this time than I was with my 6 lb. 7 oz Abby.
The girls adore him and he is such a sweet boy. He does a lot of sleeping and eating, but what else would you expect from a boy his size.
Cute Boy
Dad and Son
Mom, Dad, and Ryan
Dr. Werner, Mom, and Ryan
Ready to Go Home
Grandma Jackson came with us to the hospital while Grandma and Grandpa Peterson stayed with the girls. Thanks for all the help!
Lillie and Ryan
Abby and Ryan
Emma with Baby Brother
He had a little jaundice so he had to be in a light box at home whenever he wasn't eating or being changed. The girls were bummed but not nearly as much as Brother since he was used to being swaddled and cuddled.
We tried putting blankets in with him to make him feel more snug.
No comments:
Post a Comment