Monday, August 16, 2010

All Bugs Go to Heaven

The girls caught a grasshopper in their bug nets. I helped them transport him to a mesh backpack and then came inside to feed and change Ryan. No more than 5 minutes later Emma came inside inquiring,
"Mom, do bugs go to heaven?"
"Why? What happened?"
"Abby squished him."
Enter Abby coming to show me the grasshopper guts all over her hand.
After going outside to investigate the remains I assured Emma "he fulfilled the measure of his creation" and would indeed be going to heaven.

Grasshopper remnants



After asking what she smashed it with, Abby retrieved the weapon (orange tape) and conducted a reenactment. I am sure he never saw it coming.


Side note: Abby is petrified of bugs...the only good bug is a dead bug. The girls come in all the time complaining of Abby killing their prized winning insects. Yesterday at church we were looking at a book which had a large butterfly under the B category. She tried to smash it with her cup, even looking on the bottom of the cup afterward for butterfly parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment