Some have asked me how I am doing with five kids. Well, here is a short recap of only a few recent reasons why you might want to nominate me for Mom of the Year.
1-Getting ready to pick up Lillie at 5:30 from a party when I get a call from her at 5:20 asking when I will be coming to pick her up since the party ended at 5.
2-Took Ryan and Abby to a Christmas program for Tanglewood where they were singing on the stage. Yes, it was easy to see my kids since they were the only ones wearing blue in the sea of red and green.
3-Feeding Katie Tuesday when I look over to see it is 12:29. You might wonder why that is important. That would be because I take Abby and a neighbor boy to preschool at 12:30. It probably would have been okay if I weren't still dressed in my pjs, baby on the boob, with unshod and unfed kids sitting on the floor watching t.v. We made it only 20 minutes late. Not too shabby.
4-Abby pointed out this morning that all 3 kids at home were naked. That's right folks! Abby had just gotten out of the shower when Katie started crying, so I changed her diaper and took her out of her pjs. In the meantime I got a phone call. And noticed while I was on the phone that Ryan (dressed only in a shirt and underwear) had an accident (potty training is super fun). Put Katie down on floor, knelt down to take Ryan's clothes off, put his clothes in the washer, hung up the phone, bent down to pick up Katie when Abby says, "Look Mom! We are all naked."
And these are only a few reasons why I should be the Mom of the Year!!!
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are too cool!
ReplyDelete